The SIGMA 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports has high optical quality, a tough design and excellent handling all of the features required by professional photographers and high-end amateurs.
To make the lens lightweight while maintaining robustness, magnesium is used to ensure high mobility. As a lens from the Sports line, the dust- and splash-proof structure together with the water- and oil-repellent coating on the front lens ensure safe use even in the most challenging shooting conditions. The SIGMA 70200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports also incorporates Intelligent OS* with an acceleration sensor and the latest algorithm capable of panning in all directions. The high-speed AF, thanks to the HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) with an updated algorithm, captures instantaneous photography movement.
* In Mode 2, the movements of subjects can be captured without losing panning effects thanks to the image stabilization function even when the camera is moved horizontally, vertically, or diagonallyregardless of the position of the lens.
Water- and oil-repellent coating
Forefront and rear lenses incorporate a water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
Dust- and splash-proof structure
This lens features a highly effective dust- and splash-proof structure with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring, and cover connection, allowing photographers to work in all types of weather.
This lens incorporates Intelligent OS* adopting the latest algorithm to deliver an image stabilization.
* horizontally, vertically, or diagonallyregardless of the position of the lens.
Magnesium alloy barrel
To help minimize the weight associated with a hyper telephoto lens, the lens barrel is made with a magnesium alloy. Both lightweight and tough, this alloy contributes to the outstanding maneuverability of SIGMA 500mm F4 DG HSM | Sports.
Incorporating 10 exclusive low-dispersion glass elements
To provide excellent correction of color aberration, 9 FLD ("F Low Dispersion) glass elements and 1 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element, in total as many as 10 exclusive low-dispersion glass elements are incorporated. From the center to the corners, extremely high resolution is realized, making the lens capable of meeting the most demanding needs of professional photographers in various shooting conditions. By optimizing spherical aberration, a smooth and natural bokeh effect is ensured making the lens perfect for portrait photography.
Offering customization for the driving range of auto focus enables a photographer to exactly reflect the personal preference.
Manual override (MO)
Manual override (MO) capable of switching two full-time manual modes
Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
From an early stage in the lens design process, flare and ghosting have been measured to establish an optical design resistant to strong incident light sources such as backlighting. SIGMAs Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high contrast images even in backlit conditions.
High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
The 11-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer free standard delivery on all UK orders. To keep you updated on your order, we’ll email you when it’s being dispatched.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in the UK, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world. See shipping policy for more information.
- For items marked as 'Pre-Order' they will be sent according to the relevant release date.
- We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged and in the original condition. See refund policy for more information.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.