A high ratio zoom lens often requires compactness and enhancement of additional features, to be capable enough to cover various shooting scenes with convenience and versatility. However, SIGMA still believes that image quality is what matters the most. When travelling with minimal equipment the lens needs a wide zoom range especially as a telephoto lens may be needed unexpectedly without time to switch lenses. Even with a high ratio zoom lens, our goal is to satisfy enthusiastic photographers with the versatility of the lens and its optical performance. This Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM Contemporary Lens (Nikon Fit) is good either as your first interchangeable lens or as a high performance all in one lens.
Excellent optical performance that satisfies experienced users
This lens incorporates 4 FLD (F Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite plus 1 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element. It enables this lens to minimize the chromatic aberration, especially toward the telephoto-end, and provide clear image quality with high colour fidelity
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This optical glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion. These characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by the ordinary optical glass and ensures high definition and high contrast images.
Renewed OS system for higher compensation
By reviewing the system construction and the algorithm of firmware, 3.5 steps compensation has been achieved.
* Based on CIPAs guideline. Measuring at the telephoto end, when it is attached to the camera with an APS-C image sensor.
* The lenses for SONY and PENTAX do not incorporate the OS function.
Zoom-macro for enhanced macro photography
Just by rotating the zoom ring, it enables photographers to take close-up pictures of subjects such as jewellery and flowers. The maximum magnification ratio at respective focal lengths is indicated on the lens barrel, thus it is easy to see what the object size will be at the sensor. Furthermore, in order to secure a clear field of view, the design of this lens is very thorough, even down to the precise position of the engraved letters on the lens.
Newly Developed Hyper Sonic Motor
For comfortable and smooth use with the high zoom ratio, 16.6 times, it incorporates a bigger HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) which is newly developed for this lens. It is powerful enough to ensure high speed and quiet AF.
* For Pentax mount, if the camera body does not support HSM, autofocus will not be available.
Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
Flare and ghosting were thoroughly measured and monitored from the lens development stage to establish an optical design which is resistant to strong incidental light such as backlight. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and high contrast images even in backlit conditions.
Incorporating Rounded Diaphragm
The 7 blade-rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out-of-focus areas of the image.
Lens Construction: 17 Elements in 13 Groups
The angle of View (for SD1): 76.5 - 5.4 degrees
Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7 Blades(Rounded Diaphragm)
Minimum Aperture: F22
Minimum Focusing Distance: 39cm / 15.4in.
Maximum Magnification: 1:3
Filter Size: 72mm
Dimensions: 79mm x 101.5mm / 3.1in. x 4.0in.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer free standard delivery on all UK orders. To keep you updated on your order, we’ll email you when it’s being dispatched.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in the UK, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world. See shipping policy for more information.
- For items marked as 'Pre-Order' they will be sent according to the relevant release date.
- We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged and in the original condition. See refund policy for more information.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.