An affordable, high quality lens thats perfect for creative portraits and low-light photos. Blur backgrounds to make your subject stand out, and enjoy smooth near-silent STM focusing when shooting movies.
- A fantastic lens for portraits
- Fast, virtually silent focusing
- A great performer in low-light conditions
- Super-sharp image quality
- Compact go-everywhere design
A fantastic lens for portraits
The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM blurs the background behind your subject so they really stand out. It will also let you fill the frame without getting uncomfortably close, making it easier to get a natural expression on their face.
When used on a full-frame EOS camera the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM acts as a standard lens, giving a perspective, similar to that of the human eye - ideal for high-quality everyday photography.
Fast, virtually silent focusing
Near-silent STM technology focuses extremely quickly when shooting still photos, so you can react suddenly to capture fleeting moments. When capturing video focusing is smoother and slower, for footage that has a professional cinematic look to it.
A great performer in low-light conditions
The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lets in lots of light, so you can keep shooting even when conditions begin to get dark. Capture the mood of the moment using atmospheric available light - you will love the results!
Super-sharp image quality
This fixed, non-zooming lens delivers superb images, whether you are shooting photos or movies. Sharpness is enhanced, contrast is boosted and distortion is reduced for a more natural result.
The glass elements used in the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM are layered with Canons bespoke Super Spectra coating, which prevents flare and ghosting when shooting into the light.
Compact go-everywhere design
The diminutive EF 50mm f/1.8 STM weighs just 160g and is only 40mm long, so you will always have room for it in your bag. A tactile manual focus ring is easy to find and use without taking the camera away from your eye.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer free standard delivery on all UK orders. To keep you updated on your order, we’ll email you when it’s being dispatched.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in the UK, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world. See shipping policy for more information.
- For items marked as 'Pre-Order' they will be sent according to the relevant release date.
- We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged and in the original condition. See refund policy for more information.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.