The EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM is a high-magnification, super-telephoto lens featuring integrated Image Stabilizer technology. The perfect solution for wildlife, nature and sports photographers working in the field.
- High-performance 500mm lens
- Fluorite and UD lens elements
- Fast f/4 max aperture
- Ring-type USM for fast AF
- 4-stop Image Stabilizer
- Protective fluorine coating on front and rear elements
- 3.7m min focus
- 9 blade aperture
- Power focus for video
- Dust and moisture resistant
Compact lightweight super-telephoto
The EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM features a lightweight magnesium alloy and titanium construction, which reduces weight without compromising on strength and build quality.
Sophisticated optical design
A complex optical design that features fluorite and UD lens elements to tackle aberrations and distortions. A fast f/4 maximum aperture enables use of the Canon Extender EF 2.0x III while retaining AF on EOS-1 series cameras.
Fast, quiet auto focus
A ring USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive extremely rapid auto focus with near-silent operation. A high-speed CPU and optimised AF algorithms contribute further to AF speed. Full time electronic manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.
Built-in Image Stabilizer technology enables hand-held shooting with shutter speeds up to four stops slower than normal without incurring camera shake. Multiple IS modes improve image quality when panning.
IS Mode 3
Ideally suited for all types of action photography especially those disciplines that require the utilisation of panning, the new IS mode 3 only activates the Image Stabilizer element during exposure.
Enhanced image quality with SWC coating
Designed for use in digital photography, Canons patented Subwavelength structure coating helps minimise the ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections. By eliminating the cause, the coating reduces reflections and helps to deliver crisp, clear images.
The EF 500mm f/4L IS II USMs two-speed Power Focus mode allows focus to be adjusted at a smooth constant speed - perfect when shooting video.
The L-series is Canons flagship professional lens range, representing the best in precision-designed EF optics. L-series lenses combine superior performance with superlative handling, and are resistant to dust and moisture.
The EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM is supplied with Lens Hood (ET-138 WII), Lens Cap (E-163B) and Lens case 500B.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer free standard delivery on all UK orders. To keep you updated on your order, we’ll email you when it’s being dispatched.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in the UK, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world. See shipping policy for more information.
- For items marked as 'Pre-Order' they will be sent according to the relevant release date.
- We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged and in the original condition. See refund policy for more information.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.