The EF 200mm f/2L IS USM is a high-performance medium telephoto lens for professional photographers. Its large f/2 aperture ensures optimum results indoors and in low-light situations.
- L-series construction
- Large f/2 aperture five-stop Image Stabilizer with tripod detection
- Super Spectra lens coatings
- Fluorite and UD lens elements
- Ring USM autofocus with full-time manual focus
The L-series is Canons flagship professional lens range, representing the best in precision-designed EF optics. L-series lenses combine superior performance with superlative handling, and are resistant to dust and moisture.
Large f/2 aperture
A large maximum aperture of f/2 provides outstanding speed for shooting in low light conditions, without the need for flash. The large aperture also provides fine control over depth of field for compelling portrait photography.
Five-Stop Image Stabilizer
Canons five-stop compensation Image Stabilizer technology allows the use of shutter speeds up to five times slower with no perceptible increase in image blur. Automatic panning detection automatically turns off the Image Stabilizer in either the horizontal or vertical direction when following moving subjects. Tripod detection automatically switches off IS when the camera is supported.
Super Spectra coating
Super Spectra coatings ensure accurate colour balance and enhance contrast. They also reduce flare and ghosting - a common problem caused by light bouncing off a cameras sensor.
Fluorite and UD elements
For optimum visual performance, the lens incorporates Fluorite and UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements to minimise chromatic aberrations. The result is crisp, high contrast and exceptional image quality throughout the frame.
Smooth background blur
A virtually circular aperture diaphragm gives out of focus regions a softer, more uniform feel. Sharp foreground objects stand out against a smooth blurred background.
A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer free standard delivery on all UK orders. To keep you updated on your order, we’ll email you when it’s being dispatched.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in the UK, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world. See shipping policy for more information.
- For items marked as 'Pre-Order' they will be sent according to the relevant release date.
- We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged and in the original condition. See refund policy for more information.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.