A compact, high-performance 100-400mm zoom lens thats ideal for those shooting sports, action and wildlife photography. A 4-stop Image Stabilizer and high-quality optics deliver superb sharpness.
- Versatile, portable super-telephoto zoom lens
- Superb image quality right across the frame
- Prevent camera shake with a 4-stop Image Stabilizer
- Customise the feel of the zoom control for different situations
- Fast, near-silent focusing
- Shoot confidently in tough weather conditions
Versatile super-telephoto performance
The EF 100-400MM F/4.5-5.6L IS II USM is ideal for photographers who are travelling light and want to take just one telephoto lens with them. A great choice for sports and wildlife photography the 100-400mm zoom range puts you right next to distant subjects, and lets you react quickly in a fast-changing situation. When used on cameras featuring APS-C sized sensors, the EF 100-400MM F/4.5-5.6L IS II USM offers angles of view equivalent to a 160-640mm on a full-frame camera.
Stay sharp, whatever the light
The EF 100-400MM F/4.5-5.6L IS II USM delivers sharp, high-contrast images, using Fluorite and Super Ultra-low Dispersion (Super UD) lens elements to tackle artefacts and distortion. A three-mode Image Stabilizer guards against blur from camera shake, allowing handheld shooting with shutter speeds up to 4 stops slower than normal.
Fear no flare
Shoot into the light confident that Canons multi-layered Air Sphere Coating (ASC) will protect against flare, ghosting and reduced contrast. ASC uses a multi-layer coating to reduce reflections including a layer of nanosized air spheres deposited on the lens surface to slow down light more gradually as it enters the lens, this prevents the internal reflections that reduce image quality.
Different photographers work in different ways. Use the Zoom Touch Adjustment ring to set the amount of resistance felt when zooming the lens: a light touch is ideal when you will be working quickly in a fast-changing situation. On the other hand, you might want to stiffen or lock the zoom mechanism when you do not want the focal length to change accidentally.
Fast focus when you want it
Enjoy fast USM autofocus that locks on accurately and in near-silence. Full-time manual focus override allows precise adjustment without taking your camera away from your eye. The EF 100-400MM F/4.5-5.6L IS II USM focuses down to 0.98m, letting you react to subjects that come unexpectedly close.
Protected from the great outdoors
Keep shooting even in tough weather conditions. As an L-series lens, the EF 100-400MM F/4.5-5.6L IS II USM is sealed against dust and moisture, so you can keep shooting even when conditions turn bad. A fluorine coating on the lens front element repels dirt making the lens easy to clean.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer free standard delivery on all UK orders. To keep you updated on your order, we’ll email you when it’s being dispatched.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in the UK, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world. See shipping policy for more information.
- For items marked as 'Pre-Order' they will be sent according to the relevant release date.
- We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged and in the original condition. See refund policy for more information.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.